Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

Whiskey Woman

I love my sauces. If I am going to eat fries I need ketchup. If I'm eating a steak...I don't care how tender and juicy it is, I need A1. And I don't just use a little sauce, on an Arby's roast beef sandwich I use at least two pouches of Arby's sauce...I just like my food better swimming in sauce.

A few weeks ago we ran out of BBQ sauce, so we went to the store and bought some more. BBQ sauce is very hard to come by in England. I'm not sure why that is. They have something they call "brown sauce" but it is definitely not BBQ sauce. Well as luck would have it, I was able to find real BBQ sauce.

It was just sitting in the normal BBQ section. We hardly looked at it, other than reading the words Barbecue sauce and seeing it wasn't brown sauce.

The other night we had an opportunity to put this BBQ sauce to good use when I made homemade chicken fingers. I poured a good amount on my plate and started dipping....it just didn't taste right...but of course I kept eating. Adam on the other hand, poured some on his plate and noticed it had an interesting smell...He then started reading the bottle's ingredients.

Sure enough it contained two percent whiskey. Now I already consumed an entire chicken finger completely doused in this sauce before Adam brought this to my attention. We spent the next few minutes discussing whether or not we thought the whiskey had been cooked out...Since it both smelled and tasted funny we decided it had not and now we are still out of BBQ sauce.

2 comments:

LuckyLavender June 28, 2010 at 8:29 AM  

Do you need me to send some BBQ sauce. William and I were talking this morning and we were wondering if they had BBQ's in Europe and if they did what they called them? Can you answer our questions?

Adam & Rachel June 28, 2010 at 2:58 PM  

Yes, they do have BBQ's here. Actually, we're having one on Friday. And they call them BBQ's. They just don't have very good sauce.

Thanks for the offer but we have a special source of BBQ sauce - we just didn't get any last time because we thought we found some!

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers