I've mentioned before that Adam and I teach Sunday school for the 10 and 11 year-old children. I really enjoy this calling, we have a good time together. I've never been too fond of teaching but since we've been called I've learned how to create lesson plans and I have started feeling more comfortable in the teaching position.
Well, apparently I was too cozy in my church service. I guess if we aren't uncomfortable then we aren't learning. I'm still a Sunday school teacher for the children with Adam, BUT I am also now the ward chorister. I know how to lead music, I just prefer not to...which is probably why I was called to serve.
I don't know why, but I get so nervous standing in front of everyone leading the music. I know what to do with my right hand, but I don't seem to know what to do with the rest of my body...so I stand there all tense and awkward. And to make matters worse, there is a boy that makes faces at me while I'm leading and has told me he is intentionally trying to make me laugh and mess me up...now this would be cute if the boy was 5 years old but he is 31 and he does make me laugh and it DOES MESS ME UP!
Maybe I will learn to ignore him...I guess I've got the next five months to learn and grow.
Dance, Dance and more Dance
7 years ago
1 comments:
How are the callings going? It was so fun visiting the little ward over there while I was visiting. I'm still in amazement at Ruth and all that she's able to do and still be a mommy. She's an inpiration! She reminds me of the woman who lived in a shoe...except she knows what to do! :)
Post a Comment