Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

The Best Things in Life Include Jack Johnson

I begged and begged Adam to make a post about his Spain trip and now that he has I am quite impressed. He is a natural blogger, his post came out beautifully! I would love for him to blog more but considering how hard I worked to get him to blog about something BIG like a vacation in Spain I have serious doubts in my ability to get him to blog about non-consequential things like calling the electrical company...

British Gas, our electrical/gas company comes by to read meters two times, when tenants move in and when they move out. British Gas uses the first reading to calculate and estimate future bills so that they don't have to keep coming out to check the meters and they use the last reading to make sure they didn't under estimate the tenants usage in past bills.

We moved into this house in the beginning of December...in the dead of winter, so our first reading reflects a high usage of gas and electricity. Six months later even though we no longer run our heat all day and night, our bills still reflect this high usage...The solution that British Gas has come up with to allow tenants to challenge their bill is for the tenants to check their own meters and then call in the updated readings.

Adam called the readings in last night. He was on the phone for about a half hour or so. When he finished he came and found me, there was a big smile on his face...

Adam: You know what I like about calling BG?

Rachel: [Gives a look that says "that was a strange thing to say"]

Adam: [laughs] I never thought I'd hear those words coming out of my mouth...but seriously, the best part about calling is when they put you on hold they play Jack Johnson. I was just listening and I forgot that I was on hold and after I while wondered if I wanted them to answer or if I would rather just keep listening to the music...

I didn't know what to say. Personally, I have never had that experience using an automated system or being placed on hold....I either have a very optimistic husband or he is musically deprived.

0 comments:

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers