Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

FIREWORKS

A few weeks ago some of our neighbors randomly shot off a large amount of fireworks. It was an incredible show. We got some pictures but they aren't the greatest...

 
 

It was about 10pm when the show started. They were shooting fireworks off practically in our backyard, our house was literally shaking. Spencer (the weasel) wasn't asleep yet so we all just sat and watched the show...we didn't think much about it....

Well yesterday I stopped to chat with a neighbor and she brought up the fireworks...

Lady: What did you think of the fireworks the other night?

Me: They were incredible!

Lady: [mean glare]

Me:...But it was a bit of a surprise, and VERY loud. It was also a little scary because they were going off so close to our house...I was thinking it could have started a fire...

That was all the lady needed to hear. She dominated conversation for the next five minutes telling me how the community was building a case against the people who shot off the fireworks...

Apparently proper procedure required them to deliver letters to everyone in the neighborhood informing of the firework show. It doesn't matter how late you set off fireworks, or how big they are, or even how many you do...as long as you send a letter of notification first.

Somewhere in the conversation I mentioned I had taken pictures and the lady asked me to "submit them as evidence." I wonder if I'll have to be a testifying witness at the trial when the offenders are prosecuted...

0 comments:

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers