Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

Camp Out

After the fireside we camped out! There was a field right next to the chapel where we set up our tents. This was Spencer's first camping trip and he did excellent!


We built a big bonfire, which Spencer really liked...probably because it kept him warm...And we kept it going with wooden crates.
















  



Here are the crates we used. This picture was actually taken the next morning. We probably went through 30 crates or more that night and there were still this many left over! If the fire started going down we'd throw on another crate. It was fabulous and it kept us nice and toasty.

While around the fire we sang songs and played games. We played a game called "The Box Game" which was an absolute riot! I didn't get to play because I was holding Spencer and he had fallen asleep...The point of the game was to pick up a box (we used a cereal box) from off the ground with your mouth. It was a game of flexibility because your hands and knees WERE NOT ALLOWED to touch the ground. After each round an inch was cut off the top of the box until all that was left was a flat piece of cardboard. It was painfully enjoyable to watch. I wish so much I would have snapped some pictures, it was hysterical!

After the game Spencer and I turned in for the night. We shared a double air mattress which Spencer dominated. It was freezing cold that night. Spencer was fine because I layered him up and piled blankets on him. I on the other hand FROZE! I didn't pack nearly enough clothes for myself. When Spencer finally woke up for a feed I moved us into the car and ran the heat for about 40 minutes. Spencer was able to go back to sleep but I was up for the day...

I was really hesitant about camping with Spencer and without Adam but I managed just fine and had a great time hanging out with the girls...next time though, I want to go camping with BOTH my boys!

Here are all the mums who camped with their babies... Sophie and Ethan Rayton, Ruth and Naomi Mulligan, and of course me and Spencer.

0 comments:

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers