Back in April I visited Spain for a few days. At least, it was only meant to be a few days for a conference. The night before I left, there was a volcanic ash eruption in Iceland. Maybe you heard about it. All flights into the UK were canceled, and the trains were packed. In any case, there were a couple of us stuck in Barcelona with nothing to do.
It turns out that Barcelona was put on the map by this guy named Antoni Gaudi. He was an awesome artist, and if you go to Barcelona, his works are the main attractions. We visited the Casa Batllo and Sagrada Familia, and lots of other little places around the city. Here are some pictures:
We also took a bike tour of the city through Fat Tire Bikes. We saw and learned tons about the city, and the best part was that we ended the tour with lunch on the Olympic beach.
Though being stuck in an unfamiliar city with nothing to do did actually get boring after a while (and I won't be having Spanish Taps anytime soon), 5 extra days wasn't too bad!
0 comments:
Post a Comment