Friday night I went to a fireside held at Gadfield Elm Chapel. It was just for the ladies and the speakers were talking about strengthening our homes and family relationships. It was excellent!
The chapel in and of itself was amazing and worth the trip. Gadfield Elm Chapel is the oldest Latter-Day Saint chapel in the world. It was built in 1836 and was deeded over to the church in 1840.
It is a cozy little building, we were packed full for the fireside. The chapel could seat about a hundred people. I was lucky enough to squeeze onto a pew. Others had standing room only...
After the meeting my friend pulled me aside and showed me a secret!
See that crack above the window seal? It is pretty small, so I got a closer shot...
See something now? Maybe a little closer....
Baby Birds! I know there were at least two birdies in there because my friend got a GREAT picture of them sticking their heads out with the mouths wide open. It was feeding time when I saw the birds because they were making all sorts of racket. When I finally stopped taking pictures and stepped away from the nest I saw the momma bird fly back to drop off food. It was very sweet. I couldn't resist sharing, even though it was a secret.
0 comments:
Post a Comment