Well I did it, 100 posts in 1 year. I have to be completely honest, I didn't think I was going to make it. Several times I was ready to throw in the towel. I hit a wall when I was about 25 posts out, and then another one 15. I would like to thank all of you who believed in and encouraged me. It is because of you that this little dream of mine came true.
I've been asked before, why Lamar Lemonade? Well, a year ago today when we created this blog we had several reasons/answers to that question. First of all we thought Lamar Lemonade was kind of cutesy and rolled off the tongue. It would be easy for people to remember. Second of all, we liked our catch phrase, “cheap and refreshing.” We felt like this description would reflect the posts we would write. Reading our blog won't break the bank and hopefully from time to time it will lift you up and give you a good laugh.
If you ever ran your own lemonade stand as a child you'll know it is a lot of work, but work that you are proud of. The posts we have created document our lives and family, both things of which we are very proud of. Sometimes the lemonade is extra sweet and sometimes it is a little bit sour but each post is unique and made with love.
As a tribute to our first year and past 100 posts I wanted to remember your top favorites. I've based popularity on the number of comments a post received (this is my shameful attempt to get more comments).
Your all time favorite post was when Spencer was born. Second place was when we announced we were pregnant.
I noticed a few patterns in these two posts. First, they both had long titles but probably more importantly, they were about Spencer. I guess our friend Jade had a lot of wisdom when she said: "Once you have a kid people stop caring about you, they are only interested in the baby." Thanks for the tip Jade:)
A few of my favorite posts include when I was busted big time, our trip to Warwick, catching Grandpa sleeping, and when I was quick to volunteer to help some old ladies.
So here is to the past year and our little lemonade stand. As Apu would say, thank you, come again.
Your all time favorite post was when Spencer was born. Second place was when we announced we were pregnant.
I noticed a few patterns in these two posts. First, they both had long titles but probably more importantly, they were about Spencer. I guess our friend Jade had a lot of wisdom when she said: "Once you have a kid people stop caring about you, they are only interested in the baby." Thanks for the tip Jade:)
A few of my favorite posts include when I was busted big time, our trip to Warwick, catching Grandpa sleeping, and when I was quick to volunteer to help some old ladies.
So here is to the past year and our little lemonade stand. As Apu would say, thank you, come again.
2 comments:
What an adorable baby! He is so dang cute. I can see the perfect blend of both of you! I am grateful for blogs to keep track of you far far away!!! We miss you
Um adorable is definitely the first word to come to mind! Chubby babies are the best!:)
Post a Comment