Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

Unto us, a child is given. Unto us, a child is born!

And his name shall be called....

Spencer Evan Lamar


Born December 18th, 13:05
7lbs 3oz, 22 inches




Throughout my pregnancy Adam and I would occasionally joke about reverting to "self-induction"if baby decided he wanted to stay much longer than his scheduled 40 weeks. On Thursday evening I told Adam to start googling ideas. I said this more out of boredom and humor rather than seriously wanting to self-induce.

We had a good laugh about some of the suggestions we found. One tip said to sit cross legged. Making a joke out of it I sat criss-cross apple-sauce for about 20 minutes in our recliner while we read through the rest of our search.

It was getting late and I was getting tired. Finally at 11pm I told Adam I was ready for bed. We made our way upstairs, went through our bedtime routines and went to sleep. I was woken up two and a half hours later with one of the strongest contractions I had ever felt! I had three very uncomfortable contractions before I finally woke Adam up. If I was going to be awake and uncomfortable Adam might as well be too right?

I continued to have strong contractions and had Adam time them, they were consistently three minutes apart. We phoned the hospital to let them know we were on our way. We spent a few minutes gathering the rest of my hospital bag items and were at the hospital by 2:30. I was already 4 centimeters and agreed to an epidural when it was offered to me. The next few hours involved waiting, waiting to be 10 centimeters, waiting two hours for the epidural to wear off...Finally my midwife told me it was time to start pushing and 40 minutes later Spencer made his debut.

Not too bad for a first timer:)
Spencer was very patient while the midwives poked and prodded him.

Spencer and I had to stay two nights in the hospital for routine monitoring. We both passed all our tests and were able to come home Sunday evening.

During our stay at the hospital one of our friends showed up to visit and took some nice photos for us. He snapped this nice one of Adam (I think it has a "professional photo shoot" look to it) and the first black and white picture of Spencer.

We are all very happy to be home. The first night was rough and we are all sleep deprived (except for Spencer, he seems to get plenty of sleep) but with time we are getting adjusted. I know we are going to have good days and bad days but Spencer is the BEST Christmas present we could have ever asked for and we are so blessed to have him as part of our family.

15 comments:

TJ December 22, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

That is wonderful news!
I was angeling for Spencer Scott Lamar, but whatever :P

We are so excited for the 3 of you!

Now that we live near Boise, it should be easy to get together... oh wait....

<3
TJ, Tennille, and Cohen Isaac Adams

Unknown December 22, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

Congratulations!!
I am so proud to be a Grandpa of little baby Spencer Evan Lamar. I am so glad you and Adam are doing fine and you are back home sleeping in your own bed. I can’t wait to come visit you and your new family member. Spencer is absolutely adorable and looks a lot like his mom! Adam and Rachel has the look of proud parents!
Congratulations again!

Jade December 22, 2009 at 1:23 PM  

AAHHHH!! So happy for you! I'm counting this as our Christmas present from you, too, because I'm just so thrilled. (P.S. That won't work next year -- you will ahve to send us something.

Kassy Whetten December 22, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

Congradulations!

Anonymous December 22, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

And you told me you were going to name him Doug... Well thats OK he'll need a stage name! He's gorgeous- good job you two, you make beautiful babies together. Sure wish I could hold the little rascal.

Didn't hurt a bit did it Adam? How are you Rachel? Adam, she'll need lots of cookies to stimulate milk production!

Love and miss you,
Doug

Staci December 22, 2009 at 2:23 PM  

Adam, Rach

Congrats! Looks like a very healthy boy. We're extremely exited for you and hope that you are able to get some sleep these next few weeks. Hopefully we can talk soon and have a great Christmas!

KennedyRose December 22, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

Oh we have all been waiting so patiently for the arrival of Spencer. Congrats. I am so happy for you and you are going to be such a wonderful and loving mom.

katie December 23, 2009 at 8:50 AM  

Congrats!! Glad everything went well!

Marija December 23, 2009 at 11:04 AM  

YAY!!! so excited for you!!!

Anonymous December 24, 2009 at 8:20 AM  

Rachel,

Spencer is absolutely gorgeous!!! You and Adam did very well, the entire Crofton office is cooing over the new Lamar edition!! Cant wait to hear and see updates darling! Give Adam my congrats and Sir Spencer a kiss.

God Bless and Merry Christmas,

Maria

LuckyLavender December 28, 2009 at 8:47 AM  

Congrats to you both. Are you going for duel citizenship? Sorry this is short. Just had surgery on my hand. It looks like he made a wonderful appearence into the world. Hope you had a great Holiday.

Jan December 28, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

Congrats! I am so excited for you guys! Can't wait to meet him later next year.

Unknown January 4, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

What a handsome boy. He looks so much like his dad. Enjoy that bundle of joy, they are so precious and grow so fast.

lisa January 13, 2010 at 9:39 PM  

He is gorgeous! I think of you often and hope all is well. You need to give us more pictures! He is so sweet.Good work!!!
lisa

Jay and Camille January 14, 2010 at 12:30 AM  

Oh he is precious! Congratulations. I hope things are going well for you. The two of you will be baking banana bread in no time!

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers