Lately I have been having a hard time sleeping. Most nights I wake up around 3am and toss-n-turn until I finally decide it is hopeless and get up for a few hours. This morning I woke up and was going through my tossing and turning routine when the alarm clock went off! WHAT?!!? I actually slept through an entire night-I was amazed.
I perked right up for two very distinct reasons, 1. I was hungry and it was time to feed the boy, and 2. I was excited for Adam's and my date tonight. Adam bought New Moon tickets for this evening at 5pm; so the sooner he got up and went to work the sooner he could come home and take me to the movie. Yes I am a desperate Twilight fan and really should be commended instead of judged for waiting THIS LONG to go see the movie:)
With motive number two burning strongly in my mind I tried very hard to be Adam's cheerleader and make it look like it was fun and exciting to be awake at 6:30 in the morning. He needed a little more time than I did to perk up so I tried to give him some space. I went out into the living area, had a bowl of cereal and picked up reading where I left off in the third Twilight book.
He finally emerged from the bedroom looking groggy but not upset about my attempts to get him out of bed. He proceeded to get ready for work and I mostly read Twilight to stay out of his way. When he was ready, I helped him out the door and gave him a goodbye kiss.
I had started to feel a little tired with all the reading and charades I put on while Adam was getting ready. I decided I would wait until after he left to lay back down for a few minutes. I watched as he walked down our driveway to make sure he was good and gone before I turned off lights and headed back to bed.
I just started getting warm and cozy when all of a sudden the front door opened. Adam, surprised by the lack of light or wife could say nothing but: "WHAT!?! Oh my Gosh!" I was busted. My fake perky cheerleader cover was blown. I couldn't help but laugh because I had put on a pretty good show implying that I was up for the day. All I could say was "What? I am still tired." Adam let out a "Tell me about it," while he grabbed whatever it was he had come back for and walked back out the door. I guess that just goes to show that I should wait a good 30 minutes to make sure he is good and gone before I assume and go back to bed:)
Dance, Dance and more Dance
7 years ago
1 comments:
I just have to laugh at this one... I can relate!!!
Post a Comment