Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

A Visit from Grandpa!




It's always fun when grandpa comes,
when grandpa comes hooray!
He always says the kindest things
and in the kindest way.
He has a wrinkly twinkly smile,
he's happy all the day.
It's always fun for everyone when grandpa comes!

--The Children's Songbook





Spencer and I picked up Grandpa LaMar (yes he capitalizes his "M") from the airport Friday morning. This was the first time I have ever driven further than five miles by myself in the UK. I am pretty proud of myself. I am not a big fan of driving and I've only really been driving for about three years so this two hour each way trip was a big accomplishment for me. Grandpa is staying for a whole month so we plan on doing lots of site seeing! We are taking a trip next week to France



for four days and Germany for four days; we are super excited! After our trip to Germany, Adam Spencer and I will come back home and Grandpa
will tour Rome for a few days. Spencer LOVES his Grandpa. It was so cute to watch Spencer sleep all curled up on Grandpa's shoulder today at church.
Spencer loves to be held and Grandpa is really good at holding him just right. I am enjoying the fact that I have an extra pair of hands around the house to give Spencer a cuddle when it is needed.



Thanks Grandpa for being such a big help. As you can see, Grandpa is a little tired, but who can blame him? Traveling takes a lot out of a person and it takes some time to adjust that biological clock. To be completely fair, Grandpa LaMar is a VERY hard worker. He worked the midnight shift right before he jumped on the plane over here.







We don't give him a hard time for being tired or for taking naps...we just think it is funny that he only wants to sleep on half of the couch:)

2 comments:

LuckyLavender March 7, 2010 at 5:04 PM  

OK...That is just too funny. He is probably like me and does not want to get his shoes on the couch. I do the same thing. Please tell him Hi and give him a hug for me.

Marija March 9, 2010 at 10:26 PM  

nothing much to say, I JUST HAVE TO LAUGH!!!! I love all of the pictures!

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers