Over the weekend we went to the store and bought bags and bags of candy. I am using the candy to bribe my Sunday School students-when they participate in class they can earn a piece of candy. Great plan right? The kids love it, and they are participating more, BUT now I have loads and loads of candy at my house. I told Adam not to let me eat any of the candy...
This past Monday I had a VERY productive day around the house...I washed, dried, and folded four loads of laundry. I know that doesn't sound overly impressive but anyone who has used a condenser washer and dryer will know what a feat four loads is. It takes about 2 hours to wash and at least an hour and a half to dry a single load of laundry...Furthermore I bathed Spencer, made dinner, and mowed the lawn...not all at the same time of course. By the end of the day I was exhausted so to boost myself up I snuck a few pieces of candy from our stash. I didn't feel bad because I had worked SOOOO hard.
Apparently I forgot to cover my tracks because on Tuesday night Adam called me out...
Adam: Hey Honey?
Rachel: Yeah?
Adam: Did you eat some of the candy you weren't supposed to eat?
Rachel:...I don't know...
Adam: I think you did.
Rachel: Why?
Adam: Because you didn't seal up the bag afterwards and it is opened just enough for you to fit your little hand in.
Gah! Busted again. So I spend the next 30 minutes or so feeling guilty and sucking up to Adam. Later that evening we are watching a movie and I get a major craving for some candy...
Rachel: Honey I want some candy...?
Adam: That's fine...but you have to bring me some too.
I go get the candy bag and bring it to the living room. I help myself to a piece of candy and then...
Adam: I would like a piece of candy...a Reese's, I only want a Reese's.
I look for a Reese's...I can only find two...I know I put more than two Reese's in the candy bag and I hadn't eaten any of them.
Rachel: Uhh, Honey? Why are there only two Reese's in this bag?
Adam: [Nervous laughter]
Rachel: You Weasel! And you gave me such a hard time! You made me feel so guilty! I can't believe it!
I then proceeded to throw the Reese's at him.
And that is how the past four years of marriage have been in the Lamar family. That's right, it will be four years tomorrow...
Dance, Dance and more Dance
7 years ago
1 comments:
I can see Adam doing that! Oh man, I would've laughed at him BIG time! :) Just wait until you have 2 weasles that both want Reese's. Then you'll have to "sneak" candy just so you can have a tiny little bit before it all disappears.
By the way, I'm very impressed with your productivity...sounds like a busy day! I've got a mountain of laundry you can move. :)
Post a Comment