Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice

Adam and I are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. One of the things I find most impressive about the Mormon church is it's incredibly organized. For example, when we moved from Maryland to England and attended church the only things different were the accents of the congregations.

The church still followed the same format in meetings, there was still the same leadership positions and assignments, we even used the exact same lesson manuals. It doesn't matter if we attend church in America, England, France, Germany, or Brazil. The church is same everywhere you go.

This week we had an opportunity to listen to the Apostle Elder Quentin L. Cook speak. An Apostle is a special witness of Christ that helps lead the church today. He is the same type of Apostle that walked with Jesus 2000 years ago.

Quentin L. Cook

The church today is led by 12 Apostles and a first Presidency including our Prophet Thomas S. Monson and his two counselors. Rarely do we have the opportunity to hear an Apostle speak in person in such a small setting because they are busy around the world doing the work of the church. Elder Cook came to England to film a segment for the Special Witnesses of Christ video as do all Apostles when they are ordained. He chose to film here because he served his mission here.

It was a really neat experience to hear Elder Cook speak. He is so personable that when he speaks he feels like an old friend that you've known and loved for years. I sang in the choir so I sat literally four feet from him. At the end of the meeting he invited anyone and everyone to come up and shake his hand. There were a few hundred people who came to the meeting that night...who knows how long or how late Elder Cook stayed and waited to meet everyone.

It was great to "get to know" Elder Cook a little better. I enjoyed hearing about his mission experiences and hearing him testify of Jesus Christ. I'm so glad he came to visit and I hope his travels back home are safe!

0 comments:

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers