Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

A Measurable Goal

I've become one of those bloggers, you know, the kind that doesn't blog. Hi, my name is Rachel and it has been nearly a year since my last post.The idea of back blogging all the noteworthy things that I should have wrote about is, to be frank, overwhelming.

Here is a quick run down of what you missed:

We celebrated the holidays...all of them, and we each had a birthday. We took a trip to Scotland. I ran a 10 mile race in France. The kids are both in school, although Spencer just goes in the mornings and Natalie only goes one morning a week.They are also in swim. I'm sure there are other things that should make our "noteworthy" list and maybe they'll surface in the future.

So here is my new idea for the blog, to make up for the last year of not posting I am going to try to post something everyday for a year. I'll probably fall short and that is okay. At least I am setting a measurable goal and any future posts will be better than no posts. Feel free to call me out when I start slacking off, in fact if I know people care I'll be more likely to reach my goal.

With that being said, here is my first update:

 
Today was Spencer's last day in his Raintots swim class. We are coming into Easter break where we'll take a few weeks off swimming and when we resume at the the end of the month Spencer will be in the Red class. Being in the Red class means I will no longer be in the pool with him when he swims. It will just be him, two or three other kids, and his instructor.

Spencer started swimming lessons last Fall.The first time he got in the water he was very ridged and scared. It took several weeks, I might even say months, for Spencer to feel comfortable in the water. He is now well on his way to being an excellent swimmer. He will dive underwater to retrieve toys from the bottom of the pool. He has also successfully floated on his back without any flotation devices or assistance from me. Shoot, he is a better swimmer than I am!

0 comments:

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers