Today is a special day for my family and for many people around the world, but first let me preface with a few questions and some background.
Do you believe in the Bible, ancient books and records created by men and prophets called of God to write His holy word? I do. Do you believe there was ever a man named Moses who led the Israelites out of Egypt and performed the mighty miracle of parting the Red Sea?
Do you think there was ever a great flood which covered the earth and that a man named Noah was instructed prior to the storm to build an ark in order to save two of each animal from the gulfs of endless sea?
I do, I absolutely, certainly do. I believe in all the ancient prophets. I believe that these ancient men were called of God to provide guidance and direction for the people of their time. When God wanted to warn or instruct his beloved children on the earth he spoke through a prophet. I believe God called prophets to lead and guide His children because He loved them.
So the next question stands; if God loved His children so much that He called prophets to lead them anciently, does He love His children now to call a prophet for us today?
If God is an almighty and perfect Being, which I believe He is, He would be perfect from the beginning and unchanging through time. God did call prophets anciently to profess and teach His word. Likewise, He has called a prophet to instruct us in our modern day, and today we got to hear our prophet speak.
Today, we gathered for a semi annual world wide meeting known as General Conference where leaders called of God, including the Prophet himself spoke to us regarding our temporal and spiritual welfare. Their messages were inspired and full of the love of God.
The things I heard during General Conference this weekend were inspiring and uplifting. The messages I heard I know to be true because I felt the Holy Spirit testify of their truth in my heart. I am sharing because the words I heard this weekend made me happy and I want others to feel the same happiness.
If Moses, or Noah, or Abraham or any prophet of God was going to hold a meeting and share a message with the world wouldn't you want to hear what he had to say? I would. Today I did.

0 comments:
Post a Comment