Adam's mom came to visit for a week and her only requirement was for us to get lost so she could have some one-on-one time with the grand babies. Not wanting to upset Grandma, Adam and I took an amazing trip to London.
We left early on a Wednesday morning, before the kids ever woke up and they wake up pretty early. The drive down wasn't too bad, it only took us 4 hours and that's only because we stopped off at RAF Alconberry to buy gas and we spent a good 30 minutes navigating the base.
Once in London we grabbed some lunch and enjoyed walking around. One of my biggest desires in life has been to get my picture taken at platform 9 3/4. So we went to Kings Cross Station and sure enough between platforms 9 and 10 my dreams came true...
I felt a little silly after changing because most people were wearing jeans and sweatshirts. I felt out of place and ALMOST changed back into my jeans but then took on the mentality of why fit in when I can stand out. I'd be lying if I didn't say it was another dream of mine to get all prettied up and go see a Broadway show.
I absolutely LOVED Wicked. I could totally go see it again but in the interest of expanding our horizons we'll probably try to see a few different Broadway shows before we start repeating. I think the next one on my list is The Lion King.
The next day we went to the Warner Bros. Studio Tour The Making of Harry Potter. I don't know how to describe it other than excellent. We got to see real props, costumes, and even some sets used in the movies.
One of my most anticipated and enjoyed events was tasting Butterbeer.
It was sensational. I don't usually care for butterscotch flavoring but it tasted like a heavenly butterscotch cream soda float. Good to the last drop.
2 comments:
so fun! I'm glad you were able to have a great vacation!
I am completely jealous of your weekend away! It is EXACTLY my kind of weekend. :)
Post a Comment