There are a lot of things I do as a mom that I did not do before kids. For instance, before kids I don't remember ever finishing off my coworkers lunches if they failed to eat everything on their plate. Likewise I never entertained company whilst using the bathroom.
These are just a few examples. I am sure the list could and would go on and on if I took the time to write everything down. By far though the creepiest thing I do that I never did before; I go into dark rooms late at night and watch people sleep.
I do. Every.Single.Night. I *can't* help myself. Before retiring to bed I sneak into my kids' room as carefully and quietly as I can. Once my eyes have adjusted to the darkness I spend a few moments gazing at my sweet sleeping children.
It is quite arguably my favorite pastime for it is the only time I get to see my children still and quiet. So peaceful. So adorable. And I am sure if they knew I was doing it, so creepy.
Yes checking on them is a way to make sure they are fine and breathing but that is not why I do it. For me, it is therapy. Being a mom is anything but easy. Most of the time it is enjoyable but some days I get really worn out. Seeing their sweet angelic faces at the end of every day makes all the hard work worth it. It reminds me that my children are a precious gift from heaven. I am lucky to have such beautiful children. Then I go to bed a little more in love than I was the day before.
Dance, Dance and more Dance
7 years ago
1 comments:
That's great!
I have only done that on occasions when someone is sick or crying. Mainly because I'm too afraid they will wake up, especially since every door upstairs squeaks, along with sections of every room.
Post a Comment