On Saturday Adam stayed home watching Spencer while I attended Super Saturday. This was a church activity just for the sisters where we attended mini classes to learn a new trade or create a craft. I took full advantage of my time away from home and enjoyed myself immensely.
The first class I attended was Cake Decorating 101 where I learned how to make and play with fondant. I've never decorated a cake in my life. When I want to get fancy with a cake I crack open some Betty Crocker fun-fetti frosting and call it good.
About fifteen or so people took the class. We each decorated a six inch cake and they all turned out super cute!
Here is my finished product:
My creations didn't end there however, I also decorated a glass block to add to my Christmas collection and added some etching to my bakeware. Here's what I'm talking about:
Christmas Block
Shepherds Saw Angels Sang Wise Men Came
Etched Bakeware
I used a cricut to make stencils of the lettering and flowers. I laid the stencils on the bottom of an 8x8 glass baking dish and covered it with Armour Etch. Then I waited for it to dry. This project really was a lot of work. I have more materials to do the rest of my pans but I don't know if they'll get done.I really enjoyed Super Saturday and I am proud of the things I learned and created. I wish Super Saturday came around more than just once a year!
1 comments:
Very impressed with all 3 of those! Well done.
Post a Comment