Spencer has an excellent sense of direction. He does not get this from me. I don't go anywhere without the GPS.
Two weeks ago I took Spencer to a friend's house. Typically I take the main road/sidewalk when I go to her house but this last time I was running late and decided to cut through back trails and grassy patches. It was a more complex way to go but it was a little faster.
The other day Adam took Spencer out for a walk. As they were walking Spencer started pointing in directions he wanted to go. Adam let Spencer take the lead and before he knew it, they were at my friends house. Spencer was pointing up their stairs and asking to go in.
This is amazing for three reasons. First, Spencer has been to this house a total of three times his entire life. Two, the last time he was there was almost two weeks ago and the time before that was over two months ago. And finally, this house is several blocks away and every townhouse here looks pretty much identical.
For example:
He has also learned the location of every park near our house and no matter which way I take him in an attempt to avoid the parks he will inevitably take me off course and to his desired destination.
I am confident that if I ever get lost he'll be able to find us a way home.
0 comments:
Post a Comment