Back in September I attended a Shelf Reliance party, kind of like Pampered Chef or Mary Kay but for emergency preparedness. The company offers loads of products ranging from dehydrated food to battery-free flashlights and 72-hour survival kits. They have some pretty neat stuff.
At the party I had an opportunity to taste some of their products and I was impressed, particularly with their powdered milk. For those of you who have ever tasted powdered milk you know it is downright disgusting. I remember a time in my childhood when my mother had us drink powdered milk simply to expose us to it's flavor. I think her logic was that if we were ever in an emergency and for whatever reason could not get real milk we'd be adjusted to the taste of powdered milk. This experience was so awful and traumatizing I stopped drinking milk for about 7 years.
The powered milk I tasted at the party however was amazing, it tasted like REAL milk. It was enough to get me to open my purse and take out my credit card and I don't do that very easily. I was so impressed I decided to host my own Shelf Reliance party.
For a week I was stressed and deep cleaned my house in preparation for the party. My party was Saturday morning and a grand total of two people attended. It was a little disappointing more people weren't able to come but at least I was able to help two more people discover Shelf Reliance. Whether they liked the products (which they did!) and will become customers or not doesn't matter as much as the fact that they evaluated their personal emergency preparedness.
I would recommend you check out this company and if you get an opportunity to attend a party you should go. Even if you don't end up buying anything it is still good to know more about being prepared and to start thinking about what your family needs and would do in the case of an emergency.

1 comments:
I discovered this last year by going to a party. Best. Thing. Ever. I am the same as you as in reluctant to open the purse. But I love that I am building up our storage on our own budget and I do not even have to think about it. I would have gone to your party too! ;)
Post a Comment