On Saturday I competed in a stake netball tournament with my ward. The best way I can explain netball is if you take volleyball, basketball, ultimate frisbee, and soccer and put them together you'll get netball.
You use a ball similar to volleyball which you pass from player to player down a court at the end of which you shoot it through a hoop. Once you have the ball you can't move other than to pivot. Each team has seven players which have specific areas on the court they can occupy.
My ward has been anticipating the tournament for months and have been practicing once a week since July. Just for fun we got team t-shirts.
We played twelve minute matches, which is an abbreviated game. This was the only way we could play all eight teams, get a break between matches, and not spend all day on the netball court.
Here we are in action! When I played (because we had so many players we rotated) I was Goal Defense or GD, which is exactly like what it sounds; I defended our goal from the other team scoring. I took my job seriously too, we had several matches where the other team did not score at all. Woohoo!
I had such a splendid time playing in the tournament...it doesn't hurt that my team won the tournament either. Here we are at the end receiving our trophy, a cup full of candy.

1 comments:
(you forgot to say, "OF THE WORLD!) :) Congratulations on your netball skill! The game sounds like a lot of fun, and it looks like everyone had a great time participating. I bet daddy and Spencer were cheering you on!
Post a Comment