Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

Goodbye Household Goods

We had movers come today and take away all our household goods (bed, crib, couch, dishes, table, tv...).

But Rachel, you say, aren't you staying in England until the end of October? Why yes we are. Then how, you may wonder, are you going to survive the next month and a half with no furniture or eating utensils? Well, we aren't really going without...we did set a few things aside we didn't want the movers to take.
We just saved a few bits and bobs, items like silverware and hot pads, only the bare minimum...as for furniture we did receive some temporary furnishings from the near by base. We've got a bed, a love seat, and a table with four chairs. We also requested a crib for Spencer...I was a little disappointed when the movers showed up with a pack-n-play bed...Spencer does not sleep well in pack-n-plays, but maybe he'll learn to like it in the next month and a half.

1 comments:

Missy! September 14, 2010 at 7:11 PM  

I totally feel for you - it's so hard not to have your stuff readily available. Since our baby was due so close to the time we were going to move across the country, I started packing super early and got everything as packed as possible 2 weeks before she was due so I wouldn't stress about stuff after she came. I hated it. At least you're not walking into a living room 1/2 filled with boxes, though; that seems like a great 'prize'!

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers