Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

Things That Go Bump

Spencer is definitely mobile and he has the bumps to prove it. This past week he has had two minor accidents.

I let Spencer freely explore, if he falls over or bonks his head I don't make a big fuss. I'll just say something like "whoops, you bonked your head" to let him know I saw what happened and that I wasn't concerned so he shouldn't be either...I guess I am hoping that it will make him tough and not afraid to take risks.

Well last week while he was pulling himself up on the coffee table like he has a million times before he smacked his face on one of the corners. I didn't actually see it happen because I was in the other room but I heard him start crying so I yelled one of my typical phrases from the other room. My words of reassurance didn't calm him down however, in fact his cries got louder and angrier. 

I went to check on him and there was blood pooling out of his mouth onto his shirt. Poor little guy, it scared me for sure. I scooped him up and gave him a comfort hug and several kisses. I held him and dabbed the blood with a burp cloth until the blood and the tears stopped flowing.

I checked his mouth several times throughout the day but I never actually found where he had cut himself and he didn't complain about it hurting after the initial injury so I figured he was fine. And he was/is.

Injury number two happened last night. We were playing on the floor waiting for daddy to come home from work, Spencer gets so excited when Adam comes home. When daddy walked through the front door Spencer crawled over to greet him. We all sat on the floor in the entryway for a few minutes as we enjoyed our reunion. I was talking to Adam about his day while Spencer crawled all over him.

While Spencer was crawling on daddy he lost his balance and face planted right into the floor. He smacked his head on a metal strip that lines our door mat.
 
 Here is what I mean...


See those groves in the metal? Spencer hit so hard that he has identical groves on his face. Unfortunately I can't get a good enough picture to show you. You'll just have to take my word for it.
Spencer's first goose egg, just above his right eye. It didn't take long for his bump to bulge out and turn purple. The consensus however is that he will live and will probably get more bumps and bruises in the future.

1 comments:

Anonymous October 25, 2010 at 2:44 PM  

I remember when William got his first goose egg. I asked if he hurt the wall. He stopped crying looked at me and went to check the wall.

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers