Spencer took a bath in the bathtub for the first time last night. Although Spencer was too big for his infant tub I still continued to bathe him in it up until the movers packed it and took it away on Tuesday. The smaller tub was simply more convenient for me...
It is probably for the best though. Spencer loved the bigger tub. He had more room to kick and splash the water. Bigger splashes led to more delighted screaming which seemed to endlessly echo around the bathroom. He was one happy boy.
I definitely struggled with the new environment. Spencer was sliding all over the place. I didn't know the best way to wash his hair and ended up getting soap in his eyes. Then after the bath I didn't know where to put him to dry off and put on pajamas. I would love any and all parental wisdom/tricks for executing a perfect bath time routine. I'm sure I'll get better with practice but I'm curious what you do/did with your little ones.
3 comments:
Splish, Splash! Rachel, They make bath seats for little ones in a big tub. It is basically a seat that suctions to the bottom of the tub. You can get one in various shapes and sizes and I'm quite certain they have them in the UK. This is what saved me when my girls were little. Trying to keep a baby from wiggling around while washing them and crouching over a tub is next to impossible.
We get them dressed on our bed. And until they can stand up on their own, we have to have the towel in reaching distance and I tucked it under my chin and lifted them out, then was able to wrap them. It took a few times before we got this down well. And he looks so big and cute by the way! :)
We have a rubber bath mat in the tub which helped. I lay out his diaper and pj's on his changing table before getting into the tub. I used a washcloth lathered up with soap to wash his hair, then rinse a few times with the washcloth. When getting him out, I have the towel in my lap and sit him in my lap, wrap the towel around then head to get dried off and dressed in pj's. Our hardest thing now, is keeping him sitting down. He likes to stand up to play.
Post a Comment