Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

A Visit from Aunt Aubrey

A long time ago, long before I was ever expecting, my brother-in-law Derek told us that when the first baby Lamar came along he was going to fly my sister Aubrey out to help. True to his word, Derek took two weeks off work, became a full-time stay-at-home dad, and put Aubrey on a plane to England when Spencer was born. Aubrey just left to go back home yesterday and she is already being missed! It was a great blessing to have her help the past few weeks.

She cooked us hot meals, packed nutritious well-rounded meals for Adam to take to work, did the laundry (including the ironing with our broken iron) and basically all the house work. She held Spencer after his 4am feedings so that I could sleep. She taught me good mothering tricks/tips, helped me hang pictures to make our house more homey, and she kept me company while Adam was at work. Boy do I miss her! She did a lot for us and her help was greatly appreciated.

Thank you Derek for sacrificing your time and your wife for two long weeks so that she could come be with me. I know you and the kids must have missed her because she has only been gone for about 24 hours and I am already going through "Aubrey-withdraws":)

2 comments:

My kids mom, and my husband's wife January 15, 2010 at 4:44 AM  

Thanks for having me into your home. I enjoyed spending time with you all, and getting to meet Spencer. He sure is a cutie! I love his BIG brown eyes. :) Gosh, I can't believe Spencer is nearing 10 lbs already!!! He's gonna pass Miss Sarah in no time. I'll let you know her stats when she goes for her 2 year well child exam. (seriously, I don't even think she's reached 19 lbs yet...byut she does look bigger since I've gotten home

Thanks for taking me to some really great places while I was over there. My kids loved their gifts from Warwick.

I miss you all already, and can't wait for Christmas when you'll be home. It's never too early to start planning for Christmas! :)

Hugs
Aubrey

lisa January 31, 2010 at 2:31 PM  

Yay for Derek! I am so glad you had your sister there with you. What a wonderful gift. spencer looks so good. He is a lucky baby to have so many people loving him! Keep us posted on how things are goign. We miss you guys!

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers