Spencer loves to ride in the car, or I guess I should say, I LOVE for Spencer to ride in the car because it knocks him out. On Saturday we drove down to the London Temple. Adam volunteered to watch Spencer at the Visitor's Center while Aubrey and I did an Endowment session. We had a very nice time, I am so glad we went.
We had every intention of taking pictures on Temple grounds after the session, but by the time we got out it was dark and snowing. Instead we just took some quick pictures in the Visitor's Center where it was dry and warm. This is our first family photo ever taken...
There was a nice missionary couple from Arizona working at the visitor's center that night. They had lots of fun facts to share about the London Temple. I was surprised to learn there are only 17 Visitor Centers throughout the world. I thought there were more.
Some other interesting facts about the Temple include that it was the 12th Temple to be dedicated and the 2nd Temple in Europe. The Temple was closed in 1990 for some major remodeling and refurbishing and then rededicated in 1992 by President Gordon B. Hinckley. Finally in 2008, an 8-foot statue of the angel Moroni was added by helicopter to the Temple for the first time.
Before leaving we stopped by the nativity display.Baby Jesus looked very cold all covered in snow. Good thing he had his Mother and Joseph to snuggle Him and keep Him warm.
Dance, Dance and more Dance
7 years ago
1 comments:
What a darling family photo. Your baby looks adorable. You looke great too. It's nice you got to go the temple. I thought there were more visitor's centers too. Wow, only 17. Miss you guys.
Post a Comment