Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

The Eiffel Tower

The UK and the USA celebrate Mother's Day on different days. In America we acknowledge our mothers on the third Sunday of May; in the United Kingdom, mums are recognized on the second Sunday of March. Of course I was happy while Adam was undecided about the fact that I got/get two Mother's Days in one year. Naturally Adam put up a good fight and raised some very valid arguments as to why March 14th did not count as mother's day...but in the end, I won and Adam gave me a VERY romantic Mother's Day present, a babysitter (grandpa) and a kiss at the top of the Eiffel Tower.

 The Eiffel Tower is so beautiful at night!

Grandpa was nice enough to watch Spencer while Adam and I made our way to the top of the Eiffel Tower. It easily took us over an hour to get to the top and back. There was sooo much waiting involved with this attraction. First you had to get in line to buy a ticket, then you had to get in line to get on the elevator. The elevator took us to the second floor where we had to get off and get in another line to get on another elevator which took us to the top. Then of course when we were at the top we had to wait in all those lines again to get back down. All the waiting was worth it though because being at the top gave us a great view.

Here we are on the second level. If you are afraid of heights than you should know that the second level is scarier than the third level. On the third floor, or the top of the tower you are in a caged room so you know for sure you aren't going to fall.

There you go, Paris from the top of the Eiffel Tower!

These next two signs made me very happy when I spotted them on the top floor...
The one on the left is clearly a restroom. I didn't need one, but if it hadn't been there then we all know that I would have needed one. The sign on the right kept my air smoke free. It was nice to finally find a place in Paris that didn't smell like cigarettes!

2 comments:

Missy! March 29, 2010 at 11:08 AM  

It looks like you guys are having a great time touring around and checking things out - that is awesome.

My kids mom, and my husband's wife March 31, 2010 at 1:41 AM  

Glad they tell you to watch out for pickpocketers. That's good to know. (They might take that cute baby -- I'd take him home with me.) :)

How awesome for you guys to go to all these neat places, and that you post pictures of it all so we can enjoy it too.

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers