Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

Child Identification Kits

I've never really considered Spencer going missing as an option but the fact of the matter is, sometimes kids disappear. Sometimes it is as harmless as a child simply straying too far from mommy or daddy and not knowing exactly how to get back and other times it can be more serious. Either way, a missing child is an awful and scary thing.

On Saturday we went to an event where a young man was creating Child Identification Kits for his Eagle Scout Project to help protect and find missing children.

We started off by filling out basic information about Spencer and getting his picture taken.

Then we had his height and weight measured.
Finally we got Spencer fingerprinted, he really wasn't too sure about getting his hands dirty...

We now have all of Spencer's information compiled in an manila folder which we put safely with all our other important documents in our fire/waterproof box. I am not living in fear that something will happen to Spencer but in the event that he does go missing I'm glad I have all his information I can easily pass on to authorities and hopefully bring him home safe.

1 comments:

Sophie Rayton November 26, 2011 at 8:42 AM  

That is such a smart idea, lets hope you never have to use them, but for the peace of mind it's brilliant!

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers