Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

New Paint Job

Well I wish very much I was talking about this....

Our car has awful paint and on more than one occasion (and in more than one country) we've been asked "what's wrong with your car?" The fact of the matter is...nothing is wrong with our car. This is the way it was manufactured. Mitsubishi took a totally cheap route when it came to painting their 2002 Galants and as a result our car has splotchy paint.

But today I'm not writing about our car, I'm posting about the thing our car is resting on, our parking lot. About two weeks ago fliers went up on mailboxes, signs were erected along sidewalks, and letters were sent out informing residents of a two day parking lot restoration project.

Our two days were yesterday and today. We were instructed to find alternate parking or cars would be towed at owner's expense. Well Adam and I were up and ready yesterday morning with popcorn in hand to watch the poor cars whose owners didn't get the memo be towed away...
They started off by spraying new asphalt around the edges of the lot. One guy would spray and the rest would follow behind with brooms pushing the liquid into place and smoothing it out.
Spencer was very interested in the restoration process. He mostly watched through the widow but at one point we went outside to get a closer look. The workers were very nice, although they didn't speak a lick of English. One guy offered to let Spencer hold the tip of his broom and spread some of the asphalt. Spencer was very proud to add his bit of smear to the road.

After working hard on the road we came in for lunch and naps. The construction crew didn't wait for us though, while we were sleeping they covered the entire lot...
Then they sprayed a very smelly coating:
And added lines:
 And for a finishing touch they replaced the "reserved parking" markers.

BEFORE
AFTER
NICE.

1 comments:

My kids mom, and my husband's wife August 19, 2011 at 1:03 PM  

Oh man! Weston would've loved to have that opportunity!! That's so nice the workers let Spencer help. I bet he had a blast! :) I can't belive how BIG Spencer has grown!!

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers