Spencer is addicted to his veggies but not in a healthy-eating-lots-of-fiber sort of way. Although he likes eating his vegetables well enough the real problem is his love for Veggie Tales.
This is the video Spencer has fallen in love with, The Song of The Cebú:
Spencer is completely glued to the screen when we play "Boo."
I have to limit his watching to once in the morning and once in the evening or he'll watch this video all day everyday. I didn't mean to create a TV watching monster when I introduced Spencer to Veggie Tales...I just intended to be a fun mom and make him laugh a little. So now what do I do? I think watching a little show here and there isn't a bad thing but I don't want Spencer to throw a fit every time he sees the laptop because he wants to watch something.I don't like how this "fun activity" has turned out. It usually ends in tears and tantrums. Any suggestions? I think my best bet is to put the laptop out of sight in the morning so that it wont tempt him...but then I lose my access to email. I was hoping there was another alternative out there...
3 comments:
You would probably have to just move the laptop to where he doesn't see it. Out of site out of mind right? At least that should work for a little while.
Cute video. I can see while he likes it. Miss you, talk to you soon
Yeah, that's what I think too, but there isn't any place that I could put it where he couldn't see it and I could still use it.
ps...there's a little smirk on Adam's face. I think he likes to watch "Boo!" too. :) We love Veggie Tales at our house...and my kids probably got Spencer hooked when he was visiting us in Idaho. sorry.about.that
Post a Comment