I don't remember when Spencer changed from my baby to my big boy but he certainly has. Today he is 18 months and officially allowed to go into nursery. I say "officially" because I have been taking him for the past five weeks to get him "acclimated."
Nursery is a program at church for children where they have their own class and lesson. They sing songs and play with toys and of course eat snack. The best part is that the parents get two hours of child-free church. Spencer has adjusted to nursery nicely and I am one proud momma.
Some of the other BIG KID things Spencer has been doing is walking up and down the stairs. He'll hold the rail with one hand and mom/dad's hand with the other and alternate which foot steps up.
Another accomplishment are somersaults. He saw grandpa Wayne do one or two while they were visiting and now Spencer is quite a proficient somersault-er.
He has 14 teeth, and eats pretty much anything I put infront of him. Some of his favorite foods are anything with jam, noodles, cheese, and everything fruit. He had his first french fry at the beginning of this month and has decided he likes those too.
He loves books. We'll read five or six books at a time and repeat this pattern all throughout the day. He signed up for the Summer reading program at the library and so far his favorite NEW book is "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" by Laura Numeroff. Although, every time we read it he wants a cookie afterwards. Perhaps that's why he likes the book so much.
His vocabulary has exploded. He'll jabber all the time now. Some words he'll say frequently are: mama, daddy, a mess, ball, mine, belly button, outside, bubbles, crash, blocks...the list goes on and on.
After a year and a half I think Adam and I have decided we like Spencer and we'll keep him.
Dance, Dance and more Dance
7 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment