Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

Site Seeing So Far

I wish I could say that Adam and I have been spending every free second site seeing. Our year is going to go fast and we'll be back in the states before we know it. Unfortunately we haven't been able to do as much touring as we would like but once we get settled in our permanent housing and our car arrives (which should all be happening this week) we'll have a little more freedom.

We haven't been completely boring though! We have gotten out to see some nearby attractions. Adam had the day off on Veterans day so we and another couple went to a small town called Tetbury and Gloucester.

We started the morning off in Tetbury where we hit a small farmer's market and local shops. This little town was more like what I was expecting when I thought of moving to England. It was very old and simple with cute little stores. We spent about 3 hours looking around and absorbing the history of Tetbury. Here are some pictures we captured of the small village:
This is the building that held the small farmer's market, and below is a snapshot of one of our purchases. We bought a jar of the best raspberry preserves I have ever tasted!
This was just a really old building that caught our fancy. I don't know if you can tell from the picture or not but the building is slanted slightly to the right.
We had lunch in a traditional English pub and then headed off to Gloucester, which is much bigger and more touristy of a town. Our main interest in Gloucester was the Cathedral. The architecture was stunning including features like glazed fan-vaulted cloisters, medieval stain glass windows and historic tombs. Parts of the Cathedral are over 1300 years old and I was surprised to learn that worship still takes place daily.


This is a picture of one of the tombs we saw inside. I am not sure why it was taken in black and white...
I liked the cloisters the best, I thought they were absolutely amazing. All the detail and time put into creating this masterpiece has me truly awestruck.
I also learned that parts of the first Harry Potter movie were filmed in this Cathedral and I believe that the picture above is one of the settings used. After the movie came out the Gloucester Cathedral showed the movie inside on a big screen to celebrate!


We definitely had a fun filled day and are looking forward to more site seeing in the future!

3 comments:

lisa December 2, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

Wow!!!! I am so happy to find the blog. I can't wait to get the news of Mr Man! Hope you are all settled in and happy as can be. We miss you and are thinking of you often. Go Team Edward!!!

Kassy Whetten December 2, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

Hi, guys! It's great to hear how you guys are doing! We miss you over here in Moscow (and Kassy is WAY jealous of you guys getting to see England).

KennedyRose December 8, 2009 at 8:06 AM  

Gorgeous pictures! Jim and I were thinking about you guys yesterday. Its almost time for you little one isn't it? I am so happy for you too.

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers