Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

London Trip

Even though the UK doesn't recognize Thanksgiving (seeing how it is sort of an American holiday) Adam still got the day off work. We are a bit spoiled here when it comes to holiday leave because Adam gets BOTH the British and the American holidays off. We don't complain, at least, not about that anyway...

With the day off and nothing to do, Adam and I took a bus down to London. We just walked around ALL day, probably a total of 5 miles. I was exhausted by the end of our trip, but I don't regret going.

This was the first major attraction we came across. Adam couldn't resist snapping a photo of The Shopping Channel sign...
We truly had PERFECT England weather. It only misted on us for about three and a half minutes, not even enough to bust out the umbrellas but it was enough to produce this beautiful rainbow. If you look close, this is actually a double rainbow. You might be able to see the faint second rainbow on the left side above the obvious rainbow:) It was incredibly vibrant -- even some of the locals were stopping for a look.

I am not sure why they felt the need to post this phrase on this building, but it is a nice reminder.
This is the House of Parliament.
I am sure this bridge has a name-but I don't know what it is. I love this picture!
The buildings here have a lot of statues and crescents on them like the picture above and below. I find them simply amazing.
This was one of the more entertaining statues.

This is another side of the House of Parliament. There were guards with big guns on this side of the building. While walking by I saw one of the guards with a gun pull out his cell phone and send a quick text. I wish I could have got a picture of him but it all happened so fast.
Here is a historical statue...in the middle of a car park (aka parking lot). It just felt out of place...Adam found it really amusing.
Ah Big Ben. We actually saw and heard him strike at 3 o'clock.

I felt like this picture really captured the culture and essence of London; it is a busy city! We want to make another trip down to London again sometime; there was so much to see and do. We at least want to go visit the Temple (which isn't actually in London), and maybe even catch a showing of Les Miserables.

1 comments:

KennedyRose December 14, 2009 at 7:39 AM  

I truly enjoy these photos you have taken of London. The are beautiful. I have never been to Europe but have always wanted to go. Thank you for sharing. We miss you both and can't wait to see postings of your little guy.

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers