Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

"Oh Cake, Oh Lovely!"

This is what Adam and I heard as we walked down the street on Saturday night. I love the accents here, pretty much anything said becomes comical but I found this particular statement amusing because the man that said it was sincerely delighted to see cake. The Brits are truly the most genuine and sincere group of people I have ever met. He made me feel a little like a celebrity because we were the ones carrying the lovely cake down the street.

Adam had a Thanksgiving work party on Sunday and we were responsible for bringing a desert. Of course we didn't decide to actually go to the party until the last minute so we were scrambling Saturday for something to take. Once we made up our minds about attending the party I knew exactly what I wanted to get: Chocolate Fudge Cake from Pizza Express.



I had a piece of this most desirable cake about a week ago and haven't been able to stop talking about it since. We called Pizza Express and asked if it was possible to order an entire cake for take away (what they call take out), and although I greatly confused the girl on the phone because nobody calls a pizza place and just orders cake, we were able to purchase one for 17 pounds (that's a $29 cake, but so worth it!)

We had a few people call us out on the cake at the party...one lady asked if we actually made it and all I could respond was "we made it come here." Another guy (who is a big time baker) ask how we managed to make the cake because the ovens are so small here. I finally admitted that we cheated and purchased the cake-I don't think we were fooling anyone.

We had a great time at the party. It was nice to have Thanksgiving. I wasn't sure we would this year.

0 comments:

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers