Have you ever wondered what I look like 34 weeks pregnant? If you have you are probably either related to me or seriously bored. Either way, let me relieve you of your anxiety.
I am feeling great. I am yet to know the sensation that comes from Braxton Hicks and I have had very little swelling. My only complaint is that I can't move quite like I used to. I solicit Adam's help when putting on my socks and shoes and I no longer walk but waddle every where I go.
Just like everything else here in England, being pregnant is approached a little bit differently. Adam and I do qualify for the free health care during our stay here so we went Monday to register me at a local GP. A "GP" is basically a doctors office. I met briefly with my new midwife, Nadia (she is a sweetheart!), and we set up an appointment to get together yesterday.
Typically women see midwives throughout their entire pregnancy and are even delivered by midwives unless complications are foreseen. I will still deliver however at a hospital where a doctor will be on staff.
What is very nice about having a midwife is that they come to you and you have your appointment in the comforts of your own home. This is working out beautifully for me because as I mentioned before, I am having a difficult time getting around on my own and our car isn't scheduled to arrive for a few more weeks. SO if my midwife didn't come to me I would be walking to her and my GP is located about a mile away.
To be quite honest, I am very pleased with the attention and care I am getting from Nadia and feel better taken care of by her than I ever felt with my OB practice back in Maryland.
Dance, Dance and more Dance
7 years ago
4 comments:
You look absolutely adorable "plump!" I wish I could give you a big hug. Can't wait for December to come. Love you!!!
You're lookin' good. I didn't really have an Braxton Hicks either. Hope all continues to go well with your pregnancy.
Oh! you have a blog! Yeah! And you are so beautiful! Being pregnant looks great on you. We did have fun at the new moon premiere. Alot of women and girls came from our ward together. I wish you were here. Twilight was Awful in my opinion however New Moon is on an entirely different thing. Seriously watch it you will not be disappointed!
I had a midwife for the first half of my pregnancy and I LOVED her. Although she didn't come to my house...you are one lucky girl. Glad to hear all is going well and you aren't too uncomfortable. Can't wait to see pics of your little bundle of joy! you look so beautiful by the way!
Post a Comment