Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

Maybe that is why

Some people say that Brits don't have the best teeth. I think in my short stay here I would say that about half the people I've met have nice teeth and the other half don't. I know that is very subjective because it is based on personal preference, but let me put the record straight by saying that not all British citizens have terrible teeth. Maybe I just notice more because I used to work in a dental office. We can't negate the fact however that the Brits do have the reputation of having less than aesthetically pleasing smiles.

Let me switch gears for just a second and say that Adam and I were out the other night and we came across a little vending machine. You know those little machines where if you put a quarter in you can get a gumball or a fake tattoo? Well, it was one of those machines, but instead of a quarter it cost a whole pound (£) and instead of candy or a toy it was a tooth brush.


I don't know if you can see it very well but it is called a Fuzzy Brush. It is a chewable toothbrush with some sort of toothpasty stuff on it that you chew for a minute or two and then discard. I don't know how else to describe it other than a bad tasting mint that you can't actually swallow.

I guess this is better than just chewing gum or sucking on a mint after a meal, but I could never see it as a permanent replacement for my sonicare. I think the Brits are on the right track though with putting toothbrushes in vending machines. It is important to promote good oral hygiene. Now if only it didn't cost a whole pound for two little disposable toothbrushes maybe more people would be inclined to purchase them.

1 comments:

KennedyRose November 23, 2009 at 12:09 PM  

Rachel that is tooo funny! Oh my goodness. Its funny cause Jim and I always poke at the bad teeth thing with Brits. But Hilarious that you get toothbrushes instead of candy in those machines.

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers