Recently we had a young man stop by our house. He was well groomed, had a nice smile and even Adam said he had dazzling blue eyes. Add a charming personality and a duffel bag full of Living Scripture DVDs into the mix...you might see where I am going with this.
Did you know that for only $30 a month you could get a new animated children's DVD every 4 weeks which will teach your children good moral principles? Oh yeah, and did I forget to mention that you will also have to pay shipping and handling and you will be locked into a two year contract? Still, $820 for 24 DVDs is a small price to pay for your children to learn moral principles...I think I can find other ways to teach my family good values and Bible stories that don't include sitting them infront of the TV.
I DO NOT like people coming to my house asking me to buy things that I don't want. I don't even spend money on things I DO want. You're talking to the people who got rid of their monthly phone plan because it was too expensive and went with pay-as-you-go (which is working out nicely for us by the way).
I even feel uncomfortable when it is children knocking and asking for money. Unless of course I know you and your adorable children and then I would love to pledge them for their jog-a-thon and purchase their fancy gift wrap.
I think the reason I don't like this is because they are coming to my house, a place I have gone to get away from everything and relax. Then they spend 20 minutes of my time being charming and guilt tripping me. Every time I have been in this situation and have said "yes" I have always regretted it afterwards and it takes weeks, sometimes months to rectify the situation.
Sigh, no thank you.
Dance, Dance and more Dance
7 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment