Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

Holidays, Hickeys, and Other Hoopla

I would have got these Halloween pictures up earlier but we temporarily misplaced our camera cord and were unable to download our pictures.

We weren't going to do anything for Halloween this year but after being peer pressured by several friends to at least get costumes and take pictures we caved. This adorable costume was loaned to us by Aunt Aubrey. The costume was mostly a perfect fit, if only Spencer's head was a little bit smaller. We had to squeeze him in and out but neither costume nor baby were hurt in the taking of these pictures.

While we are on the topic of holidays, Spencer had his first Thanksgiving.
Our friends Jan and Warren invited us over for dinner and games. We had quite the feast from grilled turkey to homemade hot apple cider. Yum! Thanks guys for having us over.

Speaking of getting together with friends, I came across some pictures I took the last two weeks while in England. It seemed like right before we moved all I did was hung out with my friends saying "goodbyes."


 My church friends put together a going away dinner for me and my friend Jen.
Jen and her family were in England for six months and went home a week before we did.
 
Spencer and I had a good time hanging out with and getting to know Jen and her kids.

We had a going away party with our 10 and 11 year olds we taught in Sunday School.
 
They came over for one final get together. We ate pizza and played Apples to Apples. We sure do miss these kids. Thanks Valiants for making our year in England so great.

And to return back to the title of this blog post...hickeys. I have created a monster. I give Spencer raspberries on his belly. He loves them. Now Spencer is starting to give raspberries to me, however, sometimes he gets confused between sucking and blowing. Consequently I have ended up with a few hickeys. I haven't been too concerned about the hickeys though because they rarely last for more than 10 minutes.

It gets better, Spencer is also not partial to blowing/sucking on just my belly. Any exposed skin (arm, cheek, neck) will do...One night Adam came home from work and was giving me funny looks...

Adam: "What's on your face?"

Rachel: (Rubbing my hands over my face) "What?"

Adam: "On your chin..."

Rachel: (Rubs chin) "Nothing, I don't feel anything..."

Adam: (Laughing) "Go look in the mirror."


He got me big time. This hickey lasted for a good week and a half. Thanks son.

4 comments:

Jan December 6, 2010 at 8:52 PM  

I am glad that you guys could join us for Thanksgiving. It was fun. We should do dinner together again soon. Let me know when you want to hang out

Missy! December 7, 2010 at 10:27 PM  

Lucky you for sporting a prominent hickey for a while...

Brenda December 9, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

I don't know if I have ever seen a cuter costume and child!!! He is adorable as a Tootsie Roll!! Can't wait to see you!

Marija December 17, 2010 at 1:50 PM  

cute tootsie roll!! and I remember when you guys came back and I saw Spencer doing the chin sucking, and I thought of how Nolan used to do that to me! Ahhh... such a memory. He is a cutie!

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers