Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

Mommy Wow, I'm a Big Kid Now

I can't believe it has been a whole year since Spencer came into our lives. What a joy and a blessing he has been to our little family.

We were so surprised to find out we were pregnant. Not because we weren't ready to be parents but because it all happened so fast. We thought we would have a few months but God was ready to send Spencer immediately. We found out we were pregnant and a week later we learned we were moving to England. Some people said we were brave for moving overseas while pregnant but we knew that "brave" really meant crazy.
Spencer's delivery went fairly quickly. There was only 12 hours between my first contraction and Spencer making his debut. Spencer's head was so big that once I pushed it out I stopped to take a break. The midwife had to encourage me to keep pushing. Holding this beautiful baby for the first time was an amazing experience. I quickly forgot all the pain and just enjoyed cradling him. A few hours later we decided to name him Spencer Evan.
Month one was a transition for all of us. Aunt Aubrey came and helped us through half of it. She was a life saver. Spencer slept so much during this time, I wish I would have taken advantage of his sleep...ah, I miss nap time.
Month two, Spencer stopped nursing on me. I think my milk flow was too fast for him because every time we tried we'd both get frustrated and soaking wet. Aunt Aubrey was to the rescue again, we borrowed her pump and pretty much pumped and bottle fed every meal.
In month three Spencer became a world traveler when Grandpa came to visit and took us to France and Germany. We ran into trouble at customs when we tried to get Spencer back into the UK. Both Adam and I had visas allowing us to live in England however Spencer didn't.The only reason we were able to enter the country was because Spencer and I could prove we had plane tickets leaving for Idaho two weeks later. Spencer received a warning in his passport and was told he had to leave England in two weeks and could not return until he had a Visa. This was clearly the start of Spencer's trouble making days:)
Spencer made big strides in month four. He rolled over for the first time which was very excited but more exciting for mom was that he finally started nursing again. No more pumping and dumping into a bottle. Hooray.
Month five. Spencer is getting so fun. He acts silly and shows off all the time. He is starting to sit but needs support. His legs are getting really strong. If he is close enough to the couch or coffee table he'll pull himself up but he still needs mom close by to stabilize.

Month six and Spencer is sitting independently. He is also eating solids. Oh how he loves to eat! Spencer went on his first camp out and also had his first flu. It was a big month:)
During month seven Spencer met his Grandma for the first time. Spencer just keeps getting cuter and cuter.He isn't crawling yet but I think it is close.
It's month eight and Spencer got his first haircut. He loves to be outside more than anything, even if it is freezing cold. Spencer is also teething like crazy. He has all the signs and he is extra grumpy but nothing has popped through yet.

In month nine Spencer started crawling. It just happened all of a sudden. One day he was just laying there, the next day he started army crawling and two days later her was up on all fours crawling around. Not only is he crawling but he is climbing and getting into everything.
Ten months old and daddy is the new favorite. When daddy leaves for work we have to go outside to watch him bike away. When daddy comes home from work Spencer gets so excited, he wrinkles his nose and claps his hands. If daddy is laughing, Spencer will start laughing. However, Spencer still wants mom if he is hungry, tried, or hurt...what a deal:)
It is month eleven and Spencer has made some huge developmental strides. His first tooth finally broke through. He has started walking around by pushing things across the floor. He imitates and copies the things we do. Mom's favorite however, he has started taking regular naps. He'll take an hour long morning nap around 10 or 11 and sometimes he'll take a half hour nap in the afternoon. Still not sleeping through the night though. He is consistently waking up 2-3 times every night.
One year old and he is already practicing for his Senior photos. I just can't believe how far we have come in the past 12 months. He started out tiny and helpless, and now he is mobile, independent, and full of personality. I have loved watching/helping Spencer grow and develop. I like to say that I've taught him everything he knows but he can do things that I don't even know how to do. He'll get a hold of the remote and open menus and options I didn't even know existed. He is also an expert hickey giver and I'm pretty sure I never taught him that.

What a fun year. We are looking forward to many more years of new challenges and accomplishments.

0 comments:

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers