Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

Family Fitness

We ran our first 5K, as a family. I'm so proud of us.

The weather was pretty standard, it was raining. By the end of the 3.1 miles my shoes and socks were soaked. Adam's feet were completely unscathed. When I asked him how he managed to keep his feet dry he replied "I didn't step in any puddles." Clever man. I'll have to remember that trick next time.

My goal was to run the entire way while pushing our double stroller...I did not accomplish this goal. I stopped once to take off my rain jacket and when I reached the big hill near the end I did in fact walk.
BUT (I like big conjunctions and I cannot lie) I am extremely proud of my accomplishment. I was the only person pushing a stroller. I finished 87th out of about 200 participants with a time of 33 minutes 53 seconds. Adam was close behind finishing 34 minutes 2 seconds. Not bad for a couple of first timers.

3 comments:

T3 December 10, 2012 at 9:51 PM  

Very impressive!!! Great job Lamar family!

Maddie Peterson December 11, 2012 at 11:34 PM  

Awesome! You are the coolest! Running does wonders for the soul doesn't it! I bet it's so much fun to run with your family too. I finally talked my husband into running with me next spring! Keep up the good work. You look great!

Jesse December 14, 2012 at 4:03 AM  

Nice conjunction. You make me laugh.

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers