Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

She Already Needs Braces

As you probably remember from my super graphic post a few months ago, Natalie was breech. As a result of being the wrong way in the womb her right hip now slips in and out (mostly it is out) of the hip joint. She has what is called hip dysplasia.

She had an appointment today and was given a brace to wear to help keep her hip in a "good" position so that it will slip back into socket...successful about 2% of the time. She HATES it to say the least. She must wear it all the time, aka I can't swaddle her.

She is supposed to get checked about every 10 days for the next month or so to see how or even if the harness is helping. If the brace doesn't provide any improvements they'll have to take more invasive measures. Chances are good that if she does need surgery she'll continue to need surgery throughout her life. At this point all we can do is remain optimistic, prayers are appreciated.

3 comments:

T3 March 29, 2012 at 12:03 AM  

I'm sorry to hear about Natalie. I hope the brace works for her. I still have my hip brace I wore as an infant. I also had hip dysplasia when I was born. The Doctors said my hips weren't fully developed. I had to wear the brace for little over a year.

We'll be keeping her in our prayers.

Jaz April 2, 2012 at 9:01 AM  

Poor little Miss Natalie :( I'm sorry to hear you have this added stress. We will pray for you all, I hope things are better soon.

Missy! April 3, 2012 at 9:33 PM  

poor thing! We hope it helps

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers