Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

Revising My Goal

A few months ago I announced a hefty goal of completing three cross stitch stockings for Christmas 2011....it doesn't look like that is going to happen. Being pregnant has really slowed down my progress. For several months instead of working through Spencer's naps I would nap and instead of working after Spencer went to bed I would lay on the couch with saltines and ginger ale.

I'm not giving up on my goal however, just revising it a little. Now that I'm feeling better and have more energy I am back working every Spencer-free moment.

Here's my progress so far:

Yes I finally learned how to make a French knot so I was able to complete my first cross stitch.

Spencer's stocking was significantly more work than mine. There were more colors and more detail but it was totally worth the work.

And here is the start of Daddy's:

Clearly I've just started and have a long way to go until it's done.

My NEW goal is to have them all cross stitched by the end of the year. There is no way I'll have them sewn into stockings by Christmas so I'll just shoot for next year. By next Christmas I'll need to have four stockings anyway so I'll just stitch them all first and sew them up later.

If anyone with a sewing machine and skills is interested in helping me with this endeavor just let me know. I've used a machine before but that was back in Jr. High so I may need some coaching. Depending how my free time goes with Lamar baby number two in the mix I'm hoping to have the fourth stocking stitched by end of Spring/beginning of Summer next year. Then I'll be ready to sew!

1 comments:

KennedyRose September 21, 2011 at 7:01 PM  

Rachel, these are sooo.. beautiful! YOu have great patience. Gorgeous. I have a machine and some skill but I am almost afraid to volunteer because I don't want to mess them up. :)

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers