I'm sure several, if not all of you are experiencing back to school fever. Either you are in school, or your child is...or neither of these BUT you are being affected by the busier roads and crowded stores which have resulted from students going back to school.
We are not the exception. We have an Elementary school literally across the street which makes driving anywhere between the hours of 8-8:45am and 3-4:00pm a nightmare.
I also have someone in my life who has recently obtained employment at one of our local schools serving food in the cafeteria. She doesn't have a car and often needs a ride to and from work everyday. I'm working with a few other ladies to help this friend with her transportation needs. Ultimately we are trying to get her self-reliant with either biking or walking to work but on days when weather is poorly these really aren't an option.
And last but not least, my dear sweet husband has headed back to school to complete his Master's degree in Computer Science. He has been working on and off towards his degree these past few years but now we finally have a game plan.
He was approved at work to enter a program called 20/20, meaning his employer is allowing him to work part time and go to school part time while still maintaining a full time salary. I don't think I need to express how completely awesome this is....
Of course this sweet deal doesn't come without consequences. He has to maintain a certain GPA and he loses his flextime, meaning he has to work a strict work schedule which wont allow him to take any time off. He will also be indebted to his employer for 6 months after he completes his degree. Nothing we can't live with.
This semester Adam is taking three classes, two of which he'll need to travel to campus for. One of his classes started last Wednesday and has already proved to be challenging and time consuming (700 level course in Cryptology). The other two start next week but Adam thinks they wont be as difficult. I guess we'll see once they start.
Dance, Dance and more Dance
7 years ago
1 comments:
Best of luck to you Adam.
Post a Comment