Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

Too Sick to Play....Outside

The last few days have been rough. Monday morning Spencer woke up with the flu. The vomiting only lasted two days which is nice but we are still dealing with explosive diarrhea. I know, too much information, that is as graphic as this post will get.

Fortunately Adam and I have been able to avoid the bug but it is still exhausting taking care of a sick boy. I can tell that he is starting to feel better because his silly personality is emerging again but he still has some unflattering symptoms that are keeping us away from play dates.

Here is what we've been up to while sick indoors...

Spencer is interested in pens and he drawls on just about anything he can get his hands on...books, walls, and probably the easiest canvas to access, his legs.
We have little birdies that have taken up residence below our front steps. Spencer is a regular bird watcher.
Hide and go seek. Spencer's favorite place to crawl into is the cupboards. He likes to close the doors and sit in the dark...and then when I say "Where's Spencer?" He'll throw the doors open and give me a big smile.

Identifying body parts. Spencer will point to my nose, eyes, cheeks...I think his favorite though are ears. I have a set a ear plugs which Spencer is wearing in the photo above. From the first day he discovered these and I told him they were mama's ear plugs he has wanted to wear them. He'll put them in himself.

And finally, doing laundry...
 
With all the outfits Spencer has been going through by being sick we have more than doubled our laundry load. Spencer doesn't mind though, he loves to be naked and he likes helping mom fold clothes.

2 comments:

Brenda March 30, 2011 at 1:30 AM  

what a cutie!!!

Missy! April 21, 2011 at 1:31 PM  

bummer about the sickness - I wish that little kids who don't understand being sick didn't have to experience it. Especially when it's something that you can't do much for.

I really like the laundry pics - he sure is adorable.

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers