Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

A New Chapter

Today was Spencer's first proper day of school. He went yesterday but it was only a half day and I stayed with him the majority of the time. He has been looking forward to school since October when we learned he qualified for 15 hours a week. We shopped for schools and found the perfect one.

I thought maybe I would be sad sending him off to school. I thought it would be difficult saying goodbye and walking away for three hours of his life while he continues to grow and develop under the care of strangers.

I'm not sad though, I am absolutely thrilled. And how could I not be? When we walk hand in hand to school and he says over and over "I'm going to school, I'm so excited!" or while coming home he is singing a new song he learned or chattering away about activities he did, I can't help but be happy because he is so happy.

I love that he is growing up and finding joy in his life. School is good for him. It is good for him to be with other kids his age and learn from someone other than me. It will give him a broader perspective and make him a well rounded person. 

It is good for me too to have a break and recharge my batteries. While he is away I get some special one-on-one time with Natalie. She has had to share me her whole life and now for a few hours each day she gets me all to herself.

I have less on my plate, both kids are being fulfilled, and I feel like a better mom. Everyone wins.

1 comments:

Jaz January 20, 2013 at 4:24 AM  

I'm so glad that Spencer loves school! So does Ben and it makes us all happy :)

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers