Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

Ouch to 5K

From the moment I found out I was pregnant with Natalie I stopped exercising. Some of you may remember but if you look back here at my pregnancy posts you'll see I tend to have a hard time gaining weight while pregnant (especially the first 5 months) and exercising only makes me worse.

As the story goes Natalie came out, I waited 6 weeks, blah blah blah. And you know what happened? After nearly a year of not exercising I lacked any and all motivation to start again.

About a month ago though my song changed. I was at dinner with the girls on a Friday night. I overheard some talking about how they went running earlier that morning and that they were going again on Monday. I've been wanting to get back on the exercising wagon so I asked if I could join them...

I did go running with them that following Monday and they kicked my trash all over town. And then again on Wednesday and on Friday. By the third time running I realized we were training for a 5K. I guess I missed that part of the conversation at dinner the other night.

We are doing the Couch to 5K program, I guess it is all the rave. I had never heard of it until a few weeks ago. It is a good program. I started week 5 today and I have already noticed a difference in my strength and endurance.

My first race will be the Turkey Trot on base the day before Thanksgiving. I hope to run the entire way...while pushing a double stroller.

1 comments:

Unknown October 18, 2012 at 3:59 PM  

Now you're kicking our trash all over town! We're only on week 4 and it nearly killed me when I had to make up yesterdays run today. :)

Keep up the hard work!

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers