It is also true that if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear, it does make a sound. Likewise if my kids grow and develop but I fail to document it on the blog they do in fact keep growing.
I'd like to dedicate this post to all the noteworthy things my kids have done that I should have wrote about already...although this post will probably only hit the highlights.
First, the big news, Spencer is toilet trained. Just over 3 months ago grandma came to visit and she spent two solid days training Spencer. Mom can try her darnedest but if grandma thinks going on the toilet is cool than it must be. Spencer has been a loyal underwear wearer ever since. Yes we've had a handful of accidents but no regression. I thought for sure with traveling and the move Spencer would have a harder time but he is doing great.
Spencer has discovered a new show, Fireman Sam:

The show has been an inspiration for a lot of Spencer's imaginary play. He likes to quote the show and reenact his favorite scenes. I tried to get him to sing the theme song. In the video you'll hear an alarm sound and then you'll see Spencer run over to the wall to push a "button." He does this EVERY TIME he hears the theme song:
I was playing a youtube video on the computer so that he could hear the music and be more encouraged to sing. He usually sings it no problem but of course when the camera is on he gets a little camera shy.
We got him a plastic fireman hat which he wears around all the time. It accompanied us on all our flights to and from Idaho and then of course to England. Spencer is so convinced he is a firefighter. He has to slide down EVERYTHING and as you can see, he is already practicing for his calendar shot.
Spencer is talking so much and so clearly. He says things that just crack us up. Like the other day, he was in the bathroom using the potty and after a few minutes I checked on him to see if he was okay and he yelled "No Momma! I need privacy!"
He likes to say the prayer when we pray as a family. He'll start by saying "Heavenly Father," then he'll say thank you for something (typically food) and he'll ask for a blessing (typically for his friend Sammy back in Maryland) and then end in the name of Jesus Christ. It is adorable!
As for Miss Natalie, she has made huge strides in her development. For one, she is eating food.
As you can see from the picture on the left, this really isn't very new news. This picture was taken back when she was still in her
spica cast, but it is the only one we have with food on her face. I think it might actually be her first feeding. She is a really good eater, she likes her fruits and veggies. I actually think she prefers veggies more.
She can sit independently.
(With cousin Rebecca)
I don't even worry about her anymore. I can set her down, walk away, and she'll entertain herself until her big brother knocks her over.
She rolled over once from back to stomach, literally only once, and doesn't have any interest being on her tummy so she didn't do it again. She is definitely teething but no teeth yet.
And finally, probably the most exciting news to report for Natalie (at least I think it is exciting) she can finally put her pacifier in her mouth all by herself. Victory.
0 comments:
Post a Comment