Lamar Lemonade Stand

Cheap and Refreshing

How Old is He?

People can't help but talk to mothers holding brand new babies. Every time we've taken Natalie out of the house, which has only been twice for doctor's appointments, we've had perfect strangers tell us how cute he is or ask what his name is. Yes, in the public's eye we gave birth to a son.

It's not their fault they are getting confused, we've been dressing her in outfits that say "Mommy's big boy" or that are various shades of blue and printed with sailboats.


We have a handful of girly outfits...she just manages to dirty them up faster than we can do laundry. One women was absolutely appalled to learn we knew we were having a girl and didn't stock up on pink outfits to guarantee she wouldn't have to wear her brother's old clothes...

Maybe growing up on hand-me-downs as the fourth child of six has skewed my perspective on what is appropriate and what is not when it comes to keeping children clothed. I don't think dressing a little girl in a boyish sleeper is too horrific. Am I really off on this one?

5 comments:

Kayla January 22, 2012 at 2:12 AM  

Trust me, you could have her dressed in pink from head to toe and it still wouldn't matter...people used to ask about all 4 of my nieces all the time, whether they were boys or girls, and they were almost always dressed in pink or purple. Natalie is precious no matter what she is wearing! :)

KennedyRose January 22, 2012 at 4:17 PM  

parenting has become a spectator sport hasn't it?? Why people feel so inclined is kinda cruel. You are a wonderful mom. Babies go through so many little outfits. Natalie is warm, clean and loved beyond all measure and thats all that matters. :) Congratulations on your new addition to a beautiful family.

Jade January 22, 2012 at 6:54 PM  

All three of my boys have at one time or another worn Nelly's hand-me-downs. I don't think pink pajamas is going to scar them. And if it does? Beh, damage is done. Waddya gonna do?

Missy! January 27, 2012 at 11:05 AM  

I think I was 21 the last time someone called me a boy, and I'm not too severely damaged by having it happen since I was little.

Natalie is adorable, pink or no pink.

Congratulations!!

Marija February 15, 2012 at 8:40 AM  

totally fine. When she starts to care, then maybe it will matter, but until then, carry on. :-)

Adam, Rachel, Spencer, and Natalie

Adam, Rachel,  Spencer, and Natalie

What We Believe

Followers