Well, it doesn't have to be white, I'm actually not a big fan of snow, but I am (already) looking forward to Christmas. Everyday I think about Christmas while I work on these...
This is my first time cross stitching. I did a small amount back when I was 14 but I never got far enough to learn how to backstitch. These are stocking kits I purchased at JoAnne's. They come with instructions and everything you need from start to finish (minus a sewing machine), so even someone like me can do it.
I am so pleased with how they are coming along. I only get to work on them during nap time and after Spencer goes to bed, otherwise this happens...
That's right, Spencer steals my reading glasses and plays with my thread. He is always so helpful...
My goal is to have all three stockings done by Christmas and I am pretty confident that I can do it...I just need to learn how to make a blasted french knot.
5 comments:
wow...that's pretty good that you almost have 2 done already. I started one for Jacob the year after we got married and just finished it last year. Now I'm working on Avery's and my goal is Christmas (but I'm definitely not a dedicated cross stitcher so we'll see.)
Spencer sure is growing up!
those are going to be great!! good luck finding someone to help
They are looking so good!!! Your family will love having them. No knots here...sorry.
Go to youtube to learn how to do a French knot! That is where I learned to do nearly all of the crochet stitches I know :)
Rachel-
I am so missing you! I love primary but I feel like i never see my buddies.
I love the stockings. You are doing great!!!
Post a Comment