I am sorry I've kept you all waiting, yes Natalie's cast is off and she is doing great. It actually came off last Tuesday, so we've been cast free for 11 days!
The instruments they used to cut and tear the cast off were loud and scary. Afterwards Natalie went to Radiology for x-rays...the techs couldn't even tell which hip was the "bad one." Best.News.Ever.
She has a brace she needs to wear, but only at night. I was thinking she would need her brace something like 23 hours of the day. It is nice she can have the day to stretch and strengthen her legs. We are pleased her hip healed so nicely.
She actually seems to like the brace. It puts/keeps her legs in the position they were in while casted...I guess after 3 months it became comfortable. The brace is soft so it doesn't agitate her the way the cast did. Consequently, she is sleeping much better at night.
Literally a week after getting the cast off she started doing this:
It is exciting to see her moving around and trying to roll over. I don't think it will take her long to catch up on her milestones, she is a strong determined little girl.
4 comments:
She looks like she is doing great. Hooray! And what a champ trying to roll over so quickly after becoming free.
What a relief! It looks like she's doing great! She's such a cutie, it was so sad to see her stuck in that cast. But as your daughter I'm sure she'll catch up on her milestones faster than expected and maybe even hit some earlier than other babies!
Wonderful to see her free! I am so glad that her hip has healed well. Glad to hear you are getting some more sleep too, and you look fabulous.
I am so excited for you guys!!:) She is getting cuter by the minute!!!!! Love it!!
Post a Comment